Dr. Jonathan Williams is a board-certified oral and maxillofacial surgeon. A native of New Hampshire, Dr. Williams began his education at the University of New Hampshire, where he was awarded his Bachelor of Science degree. He earned his Doctorate of Dental Medicine (DMD), graduating with honors from Case Western Reserve University in Ohio. Upon graduation, he was elected by the faculty into the Omicron Kappa Upsilon (OKU) Dental Honor Society for high scholastic achievement.
Following dental school, as part of his formal oral and maxillofacial surgery training, Dr. Williams earned a second Doctorate in Medicine (MD)* from Case Western Reserve University. This led to a one-year general surgery internship at the University Hospitals/Cleveland Medical Center and MetroHealth Medical Center. Dr. Williams rotated through trauma surgery, pediatric surgery, neurosurgery, plastic surgery, ENT, and the surgical intensive care unit.
Dr. Williams completed his five-year oral and maxillofacial surgery residency at the University Hospitals of Cleveland and The Cleveland Clinic in Cleveland, Ohio, serving as the chief resident in his final year. After residency training, Dr. Williams completed an intense year-long head and neck oncology and maxillofacial reconstructive surgery fellowship at the University of Tennessee Medical Center in Knoxville, Tennessee. While a surgical fellow, Dr. Williams was blessed to have completed his surgical cases under the tutelage of renowned head and neck/oral and maxillofacial surgeon Dr. Eric Carlson.
After several years of practice in Tennessee and Ohio and seeking a wonderful place to live and raise his family, Dr. Williams returned home to New Hampshire and purchased White Mountain Oral Surgery.
Dr. Williams is proud to provide a wide range of services ranging from simple to complex dental extractions, IV anesthesia and sedation, dental implants, bone grafting, cleft lip and palate surgery, sinus lifts, maxillofacial trauma, treatment and evaluation of head and neck pathology and corrective surgery of the face and jaw.
The Williams family includes his wife Dr. Laura Williams, daughters Maddie and Abbie, and their beloved dog, Jackson. He enjoys spending time with his family, cooking, ice hockey, and the New England Patriots.
- University of New Hampshire
- Case Western Reserve University
- Case Western Reserve University
- University Hospitals of Cleveland and the Cleveland Clinic
- Head and Neck Surgery at the University of Tennessee Medical Center
Dr. Williams is a diplomate of the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. Additional certifications include
- Basic Cardiac Life Support for Healthcare Providers (CPR)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Advanced Pediatric Life Support (PALS)
- Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS)
- General anesthesia certificate (New Hampshire)
Awards and Honors
- DMD with Honors, Case Western Reserve University
- American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons Outstanding Student Award for clinical and academic excellence
- American Academy of Craniofacial Pain Outstanding Student Award
- Elected to Omicron Kappa Upsilon Dental Honor Society for high academic achievement
- School of Dental Medicine Leadership Recognition Award as class representative
- Dean’s commendation for high scholastic achievement
- The Platysma Myocutaneous Flap, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Clinics of North America
Local and Regional Flaps of the Head and Neck, August 2014
- Maxillofacial Surgery, 3rd Edition
Chapter 30: Clinical Pathology: Locally Aggressive Benign Jaw Tumors, 2016
- Clinicians Handbook of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Second Edition
Chapter 26, Differential Diagnosis and Management of Oral Squamous Cell Carcinoma 2018
*Practice is limited to oral and maxillofacial surgery as a specialty of dentistry. Dr. Williams does not practice medicine in the state of NH at this time.